Serving Hugo and Checotah OK

Frequently Asked Questions

General Questions

"How much cash am I eligible for?"

Our payday advance loans range from $100 to $500. Title loans range from $500 to $1470. Once you have filled out an application, we can tell you how much you will be eligible to receive.

"Is my credit rating checked before I receive a cash advance or title loan?"

No! We don't use traditional reporting agencies when reviewing applications. Your loan eligibility is based on your income and a few other factors.

"What if I have bad credit? Am I still eligible for a loan?"

Yes! It doesn't matter if you have good credit, bad credit, or no credit. Applying for or receiving a payday advance or title loan does not affect your credit score, either.

"Can I apply for a loan online?"

You can fill out an online application for a payday advance or title loan on our website. A customer representative will then contact you to determine how much you qualify to borrow. You will need to bring all the necessary documentation into one of our lending locations in Hugo or Checotah to finalize the loan agreement and receive your cash or check.

"Where are your loan offices located?"

Advance Oklahoma currently has two locations: 205 North Broadway in Checotah, Oklahoma and 115 East Jackson in Hugo, Oklahoma.

"How old do I have to be to qualify for a loan?"

You must be at least 18 years old to be eligible for a payday advance or title loan.

"Do I have to have a job to qualify for a loan?"

You do not have to be currently employed, but you must have a source of income (unemployment, disability, retirement income, etc).

"What happens if I change my mind after taking out a payday loan or title loan?"

You are able to close the loan at no cost before the end of the next business day by returning the full amount of the advance.

"Is there a pre-payment penalty for paying off a payday advance or title loan early?"

No, we encourage all our customers to pay off their loans sooner rather than later.

Payday Advance Loan Questions

"What is a cash advance?"

A cash advance (or pay-day advance, salary loan, payroll loan) is a short-term, small dollar advance that covers unexpected expenses until your next payday. You simply write a check for the amount of cash you want plus the fee. We hold your check until your next payday, at which time you can come in and pay back the advance loan.

"Why do people use cash advances?"

More and more people use a payday advance loan to cover unexpected expenses between paydays without getting revolving debt. Advance Oklahoma offers a credit option that may provide a sensible alternative to bounced checks, late payment charges, and a bad mark on your credit report.

Before you borrow money from Advance Oklahoma, consider the costs and benefits of alternative forms of short-term credit that may be less expensive, like asking for help from family or friends, getting a credit card cash advance, or account overdraft protection with your bank.

"What do I need to bring with me for a cash advance loan?"

You'll need to bring your most recent pay stub or proof of income, your most recent checking account statement or transaction listing printed by your bank, a valid federal or state photo ID, your social security card or other proof of social security number, and a check written to Advance Oklahoma that we will hold until the due date of your cash advance.

"How long does it take to get a payday advance loan?"

Most first-time payday loans are completed in as little as fifteen minutes*.

"How long do I have to repay a cash advance loan?"

Our loans range from two weeks to a month. If you are eligible, you can choose to re-borrow at the time of repayment.

"Do I have to have a checking account to get a payday advance?"

Yes, an open checking account is required, but there does not have to be any money in the checking account at the time of the loan to qualify.

Title Loan Questions

"What do I need to bring with me for a title loan?"

You will need to bring in the free and clear title, the vehicle so we can inspect it, a valid federal or state photo ID, and proof of residence (such as a recent utility bill with your name and address on it).

"What is a free and clear title?"

A free and clear title, also known as a lien-free car title, means that you own your car outright, with no outstanding loans or judgments against it. You must have a lien-free title to get a title loan from Advance Oklahoma.

"How long do I have to repay a title loan?"

Title loans are paid back in monthly installments. The duration depends on the amount of the loan.

"My car title has two people listed on it. Am I still eligible for a title loan?"

Yes, but both parties will need to be present to receive an auto title loan.

"Do I have to leave my vehicle with you for the duration of the title loan?"

You can continue to drive your vehicle, but you must bring it to our loan office when you apply for your title loan so that we can inspect it to determine your maximum eligibility. We'll take your title to the tag agency and enter our lien on it, and the Oklahoma Tax Commission will mail the title back to you with our lien entered on the front of the title. Once your loan is paid back in full, we'll issue the lien release to you.

"When do I get my title back?"

The Oklahoma Tax Commission will mail the vehicle title back to you with our lien on it. It usually takes less than five days for the lien to be entered and for you to receive the title back.

Tax Filing Questions

"What kind of taxes do you file?"

We file state and federal income taxes.

"Who files the tax returns?"

All United States federal and state tax returns are completed by a degreed accountant.

"How are my income taxes filed?"

You have the option to paper file or e-file. You can choose to receive your tax return as a check, direct deposit, or pre-paid debit card.

"What do I need to bring with me for filing my taxes?"

To aid us in preparing your tax returns quickly and accurately, you will need to bring in all wage statements (W-2's), any interest or other income earned statements (1099's), social security numbers for yourself as taxpayer, your spouse, and any children claimed as dependents (if applicable), your mortgage interest statements (1098), a valid federal or state photo ID, and any other relevant tax documents.

Have a Question?